Then Jesus came to them and said,
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age.”
Lutheran Church of the Resurrection teaches that our God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
1. has created and is sustaining all that exists and whose truth is revealed to us in the Holy Bible;
2. has entered human history in the crucified and risen Savior, Jesus of Nazareth, that we might know we
are loved, forgiven, restored, and empowered by God’s grace alone;
3. works through the Chris
tian church, the body of Chris
t, for the redemption of creation by the power
of the Holy Spirit;
4. changes lives through the Gospel of Jesus Christ calling all people to lives of:
a. continuing renewal
b. discovery of new ways to communicate and live out the Gospel of Jesus Christ before the world
c. welcome and witness to all no matter where they are on life’s journey of faith
d. practicing compassion and justice as signs of Christ’s presence in the world;
5. has provided a foundation for ministry in the historical witness of the Chris
tian church - especially
in the three ecumenical creeds and the Lutheran Confessions.
Marks of Discipleship
Discipleship is the Chris
tian’s intentional journey of grace.
Jesus commanded the church to “go and make disciples”
The goal of a disciple is maturity in Jesus Chris
t...”to grow into the maturity of the full stature of Christ.”
Being disciples of Jesus Christ is what Lutheran Church of the Resurrection is all about. The marks of discipleship are significant components of our spiritual growth.
1. Personal faith demonstrated in scripture reading; Psalm 119:105
2. Personal faith demonstrated in prayer; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-19
3. Regular worship attendance at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection; Psalm 122:1 and Hebrews 10:23-25
4. Active Christian giving through
a. serving in a ministry of Lutheran Church of the Resurrection; 1 Corinthians 12:4-13
b. tithing, or a commitment to move to tithing; Malachi 3:10 and 2 Corinthians 8:12
c. involvement in community projects outside of Lutheran Church
of the Resurrection; Matthew 25:31-46
5. Commitment to ministry through personal relationships; Mark 6:7
6. Involvement in a personal spiritual growth program; Ephesians 4: 11-16
7. Commitment to the discipleship of others; Romans 15: 1,2 (3-6)
At Lutheran Church
of the Resurrection we lift these marks of discipleship up as clarifiers. They help us know and experience the joy and the responsibilities of our faith. The marks of discipleship are the benchmarks for our leaders in the ministry. We invite you to come and grow with us!
Reach (out to others) and Build (believers to maturity)!
At LCR We Are:
"Alive in the Promits....Living in Hope....Serving in Love"